Academic Programs, Departments and Offices
The College of Education is dedicated to preparing the highest quality educators and related professionals for Kentucky and beyond. Our graduates integrate content, effective pedagogical skills, and dispositions that foster life-long growth and learning. Being true to our heritage as a school of opportunity, the College of Education provides a climate that supports, challenges, and enriches candidates aspiring to careers in a diverse, complex, and technological society. The College of Education encourages and supports research and scholarship in all the disciplines in the college.
Complete details regarding programs are included in the undergraduate and graduate university catalogs.
- Office: 859-622-4966 - Wallace 215
- Degrees: Bachelor of Arts in Deaf Studies; Bachelor of Science in ASL-English Interpretation; Minor: American Sign Language
- Office: 859-622-2154 - Bert Combs 215
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees leading to teacher certification in elementary, middle, secondary, special education; Masters of Arts in Education programs for teachers; Rank I programs; certification-only programs
- Office: 859-622-1125 - Bert Combs Bldg. 406
- Degrees: Master of Arts in Education (Teacher Leader) with an emphases in the following: Educational Leadership and School Safety; Specialist in Education in Educational Administration and Supervision; Doctorate of Education; Certifications: Administrator of Pupil Personnel Services, School Principal, School Superintendent, and Supervisor of Instruction.
- Master of Arts in Human Services, Mental Health Counseling, and School Counseling Endorsement: Individual Intellectual Assessment
- MAED in Communication Disorders; B.S. in Communication Disorders
- Office: 859-622-6892 Bert Combs Bldg. 423
- Student teaching, clinical experiences, admission to teacher education, certification
- College of Education Technology Office (859-622-2172) - Bert Combs 430
- Speech-Language Hearing Clinic (859-622-4444) - Wallace 278
- Adult Education Program – Madison, Garrard and Clay Counties
- Kentucky Education Collaborative for State Agency Children (KECSAC) (859-622-8538) - Case Annex 104
- Migrant Education (859-622-8447) - Miller 110