Whether you're considering attending EKU are or an enrolled student, we have academic advisors waiting to assist you with academic planning. The Student Success office is located in the Bert Combs Building, Rm. 423. This office is open Monday-Friday from 8 AM - 4:30 PM. The staff can help you find your faculty advisor, solve registration issues, understand Degree Works, prepare for graduation, and much more.
Students majoring in elementary and middle grades education should contact Dr. Stacey Korson, (859-622-8409), Undergraduate Program Coorindator. Dr. Korson can assist you with undergraduate academic advisement when your primary advisor is not available, you are a new transfer student, have not declared your major, or have other general questions.
Students interested in majoring in Communication Disorders, should contact Dr. Kellie Ellis (859-622-1860), Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing or Early Childhood Special Education (IECE) should contact Dr. Michelle Gremp (859-622-8013), or Learning and Behavior Disorders should contact Dr. Laura Clark (859-622-2405)
Graduating students and graduate students should contact the primary graduate advisor for their program of interest.
Students seeking a Master of Arts in Education degree from one of the following departments:
- Curriculum and Instruction (elementary, middle, secondary, gifted/talented, or reading/writing) may contact Dr. Eileen Shanahan 859-622-9978 If library science or instructional computer technology contact Dr. Ralph Turner, program coordinator (859-622-8087).
- Special Education graduate degrees (advanced studies or Master’s adding certification in LBD, DHH or IECE): Contact Dr. Michelle Gremp (859-622-8013) Graduate Coordinator.
- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies may contact Dr. Ann Burns (859-622-1431), Coorindator for principal and superintendent programs or Dr. Tara Shepperson, (859-622-8435), Coordinator for Ed.D. Educational Leadership.
- Dr. James Dantic (859-622-7240), Master of Arts in Teaching Program Coordinator, is available to assist MAT degree seeking those who have earned an undergraduate degree and seek to add teacher certificatin in elementary, middle, secondary, 5-12, and P-12 education.
- Dr. Ken Engebretson (859-622-1124) is available to assist students seeking a MA or MAEd degree in Counseling.
- Graduation Process Information- Undergraduate Candidates
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators and PRAXIS II Review and Registration Information
- Registration Override Request Form - Undergraduate Candidates
- Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB)
- Kentucky Department of Education (KDE)
- Learning Resource Center (EKU Library)
- NOEL Studio (EKU)
- Teacher Career Center
- Teacher Certification By State Guide
- How to earn Kentucky Paraeducator Certification
- Kappa Delta Pi (EKU Chapter), Dr. Todd McCardle, Faculty Advisor
- Kentucky Education Association-Aspiring Educators - Stacey Korson, Eileen Shanahan, Faculty Advisors
- Council for Exceptional Children (SCEC) (Student Chapter)
- National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association (NSSLHA) (EKU Chapter) - Robyn Wahl, Faculty Advisor