EKU Social Studies Conference
Exploring Kentucky's New Social Studies Standards
1st Annual Conference for K-12 Social Studies Teachers
- Where: Eastern Kentucky University - Richmond Campus - Perkins Bldg.
- When: Saturday, February 22
- Time: 8:30 check-in; sessions from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Advance registration required. Deadline to register: Sunday, Feb. 9
- $20.00 for teachers
- Free for students enrolled in university teacher education programs.
- Registration fee is non-refundable if cancellation is required due to severe weather conditions or cancellation by registrant. Attempts will be made to re-schedule if canceled due to severe weather.
- REGISTER HERE https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/6870889/exploring-kentuckys-new-social-studies-standards-richmond-eku-conferencing-events
Choose from numerous options and attend five one-hour sessions targeted to K-5, middle grades, and high school social studies. Every session will be aligned to the strands (geography, history, economics, civics) and content of the new Kentucky Academic Standards (KAS) for Social Studies. Examine the resources for teaching social studies at exhibitor tables. Lunch included and lots of door prizes. Open to Kentucky teachers and future teachers. Professional development certificates provided for full day attendance.
- EKU College of Education
- EKU Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- 2019 Award for the Enhancement of Geographic Literacy given in honor of James F. Marran; sponsored by Geography Education National Implementation Project (GENIP)
- Kentucky Council for the Social Studies
If you are interested in presenting a session related to Kentucky's social studies standards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a title and description of your proposed session no later than Monday, January 20, 2020.